Sunday, February 9, 2014

The recipe that started it all...

This is a short post.  I just wanted to post the recipe that inspired me to start this blog.  I posted pictures and the recipe on Facebook, and so many people commented on it.  My co-worker, Roni, even made it at home and she said it was good.  That day, Derek Friday, gave me the idea to start a blog.

Those who know me well, know I LOVE pizza.  I could eat pizza at least a few times per week.  I am trying to be low-card, so what is the best way to enjoy pizza, but with the least amount of carbs?  The answer is to use eggplant slices as the crust!

Here is what you do:

1.  Slice an eggplant into rounds about 1/4 inch thick.  Sprinkle with salt on both sides and let sit for about 30 minutes.

2.  Rinse the eggplant and pat dry.  Brush both sides of the eggplant with olive oil.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place the slices on a cooling rack and then put the cooling rack on a cookie sheet.  Roast for about 5 - 8 minutes at 425 degrees.  They should be a bit soft and a little browned.

3.  Take out of the oven and top with your favorite tomato sauce (I use Hunt's brand and "doctor" it up with my favorite spices.  Then sprinkle with cheese (I like mozzarella and asiago).  You can then add any pizza toppings you like.  I like turkey pepperoni and mushrooms.

4.  Roast for another 5 - 8 minutes.  You might also want to put them under the broiler for a minute.

5.  ENJOY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment