Tonight I had broiled cod with dill sauce, sauteed kale, and a brown rice quinoa blend. I hope that you didn't make a face when I said "brown rice"! haha
So here's the recipe:
- 1.5 pounds cod
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs (or regular if you can't find wheat)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seed (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- DILL SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 2 Tbsp mayo (preferably Hellman's with olive oil)
- 1 tsp dry dill (or to taste)
- 1-2 Tbsp lemon juice (depending on your thickness preference)
- 1-2 Tbsp milk (depending on your thickness preference)
- 1 tsp each of garlic & onion powder
- 1 tsp dijon mustard (optional)
- Preheat the broiler. Spray a broiler pan with non-stick spray.
- Blend milk and eggs in a bowl. In another bowl mix all the remaining ingredients, except for the fish.
- Dip the fish in the eggs, and then coat with the breadcrumb mixture. Lay the fish on the broiler pan rack, and spray with some non-stick spray.
- Broil for about 5 minutes or until fish is lightly brown and starting to flake. Remove from oven and flip over fish. Broil for another 5-7 minutes.
- DILL SAUCE: mix all ingredients together with a whisk and chill while the fish is cooking.
I just saute the kale leaves (remove most stems) with some olive oil, garlic, chicken stock, and white wine in my wok.
The quinoa blend was a frozen mix from Whole Foods. If you have never had quinoa, it is delicious. It is a whole food and good for gluten free diets. The dry (not frozen) cooks pretty much like rice. I will be posting an article about this amazing food. Sorry my final plate is not all that pretty! I forgot to take a pic before starting to eat!