3. Nuts and Seeds
5. Dark Chocolate
- 1 cup cashews 4 cups of water (divided)
- 1-2 Tbsp of agave nectar or maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of cinnamon (optional)
1. Soak the cashews in water at least 4 hours, or overnight in the refrigerator. Drain the cashews and rinse until the water runs clear. Add the cashews and two cups water to a blender. Start on a low setting and increase the speed until the cashews are totally pulverized. This could take 2 minutes in a high-powered blender or longer in a regular blender.
2.Blend in 2 cups more water*, your sweetener of choice, vanilla extract, sea salt and cinnamon (optional). If your blender can’t totally break down the cashews, strain the milk through a fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth. Store the milk in a covered container in the refrigerator. It should keep for 3 to 4 days.
*I like it thicker so I only add 1 cup more water
- 1/2 of a large avocado
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk of choice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch pure stevia or 2 tbsp pure maple syrup or sugar of choice
- 1/8 tsp salt (optional)
- 4 ice cubes
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a blender until completely smooth, then serve. Makes about 2 cups (1-2 servings).